Thursday, April 18, 2013

Power Outage


At 10:30 PM, the power went out. I decided to go on an hour and a half journey, on foot, to find a gas station or store still open to buy D batteries for my boombox radio/CD player. 

Nobody open, "power out" signs. 

Here's what my neighborhood looked like with the power out and one car with its headlights on. Power came back on around midnight.





Here I am in the thunderstorm, with umbrella, my face lit up by a tattoo parlor sign, on University Street. 

I believe in a stoic indifference to harsh weather and love to experience the extremes. Home is so much more cozy when I return. 

Besides, I'm used to working on the computer late at night, reading, or listening to my boombox. Couldn't do those things, so off I went into the wild weather.




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment