Sunday, April 21, 2013

Heyde Clock



I had a laser surgery treatment on my right eye yesterday, performed by Dr. Heyde. As I was waiting, his clock struck 4 PM by suddenly breaking apart to reveal a secret chamber behind the face, accompanied by beautiful classical music (Bach?). 

The breaking apart seems to be symbolic of how a laser busts up cataracts in the eye.

As Dr. Heyde was doing the laser procedure, removing scar tissue behind an implanted lens, he spoke to his assistant about his fencing activity and need of a new fencing helmet. 

Dr. Heyde did the same thing when he removed cataracts from both eyes. 

This conversation with assistants during treatments is, I think, a special technique designed to relax the patient and get their mind off what is actually happening. I highly recommend the acclaimed opthamologist Raymond Heyde and the Heyde Eye Center.

http://www.heydeeye.com/meet/docs.asp?doc=Heyde

No comments:

Post a Comment