Saturday, September 7, 2013

Davis Bros. Pizza in Glen Plaza



Supreme pizza tonight, at Davis Bros. Pizza, at Glen Plaza, Peoria, IL. $22.75, excluding drinks and tax. A $28.00 meal.

It has "who cares?" written large all over it. Sad. Look at how haphazardly the toppings have been distributed. This is pathetic.

I went in with the thrill of anticipating the world's best pizza. I left thinking, "What was that?"

It's been a year or so since I ate Davis Bros. pizza. This one is not half as good as what I remember it being. 

I will try the East Peoria Davis Bros. and the Creve Coeur Driftwood, to see if they are better. I think they may have used lower quality cheese, crust, and sausage. 

It looks similar to the old Davis Bros., but the taste is greatly inferior. Just not the same. 

Perhaps it was just a bad night...?



My friends on fFacebook are telling me that Mr. Davis sold his business but is thinking about starting a new pizza restaurant. 

They also tell me that the Davis Bros. Pizza in East Peoria and the Driftwood in Creve Coeur still make the genuine, classic pizza.

This one in Glen Plaza...is FAKE. A counterfeit. Don't go there.







My wife kept saying, "Where was the sauce?"

The green pepper was tossed in a clump and not distributed evenly.

The yellow cheese, which reminded me of Velveeta and not the old Davis Bros. pizza cheese, was also applied haphazardly.

It did not have that pungent classic Davis Bros. pizza aroma.

Almost tasteless, no aroma whatsoever. 

If you don't mind no taste and no aroma, it's not a bad pizza. Just overpriced.

No comments:

Post a Comment