Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Star-like Object Moving Erratically in the Night Sky




Tonight, a few minutes ago, I saw a bright star-like object fidgeting around in the night sky. It was jerking around erratically, going first toward the right, then up, then to the left, then diagonally, then down. It moved quickly, sporadically, uncertainly.

The photo accompanying this post is the best I could do with my Canon 10X optical zoom digital camera. I enlarged it substantially in my graphic utility program to show it closer up. Notice the pink color.

I saw this phenomenon only once before in my life. It was around 1998. The exact same thing, a jerky movement of a star-like object. It could not have been a star, or meteor, or airplane. Someone suggested it was a communications satellite that was being adjusted. That's the best tentative explanation I've yet to hear. 

BELOW: An enlarged view of the first photo.  






ABOVE: A second photo of the oddly fidgeting object.

BELOW: An enlarged view of the second photo.




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I've been seeing dozens of these things over the past two nights and once about 2 weeks ago. Many move in unison, others seem to stay in the same area, moving erratically different directions, picking up speed and slowing down... very interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw the same thing late last year with a coworker and can't figure out what i was looking at. it's hard to explain to people and everything i look at online is explaining it was a satellite or it just leads to conspiracy theories. it's frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw the exact same thing (based on your descriptions) with a coworker late last year. everything online leads to an explanation of planets moving or satellites... or leads to conspiracy theories. it's hard to explain how it moved to people but i thought you did perfectly. i don't know what it was, can't figure it out, but im glad i found your description

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive seen exactly the same thing over the last few nights. It will suddenly shoot left, right, up, down, diagonally and sometimes go around in circles. A helicopter cant move and stop like that. Satelits basically move in a straight like just like the space station. I cant believe its an ufo because I live by major airport as well as military bases and Im sure it would be picked up radar. But, Im curious as to what the heck it is. Yes I looked at other stars to see if my eyes were playing tricks....and nope just that one and the movement was very noticeable. Also, seen by another person with me on one of the nights. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete