Saturday, January 12, 2013

Press and Play



Hard to believe people get addicted to these things, standing around in a store and rocking out to the tunes. It looks so tempting, to just press a picture of an album and listen to your heart's content. It lured me with song. I looked around for the source of the music. Aha, there it was, by an endcap.

I pressed the Mod Hits picture, hoping to hear freakbeat bands from the Ready Steady Go television show. Small Faces. The Who. The Kinks. Yardbirds. Them. Secret Affair. Spencer Davis Group. Purple Hearts. The Action. The Creation. I was anxious to start bopping like a Teddy Boy dandy who just hopped off his scooter.

I pressed the picture. Nothing. I pressed it again. Silence. I banged on it with the business end of my silver cane. No music. I walked away in frustrated deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment